"Treasure"

"Treasure"
Madison called Danny her "Treasure"

Monday, October 9, 2017

Eight Years

It’s been eight years today since my sweet Madison left us; and the world kept turning.  We survived, I survived.  I have in my life heard people say things like, “I would just die if…” or “I couldn’t handle it if…”  I realize that statements such as these are exaggerations used to make a point about how difficult some situations can be.  You would be surprised what you can handle, bear, deal with, live through and survive.

Before we lost our Madison I remember on occasion making hyperbolic statements like those.  I know better now.  I know that I can survive great adversity and unimaginable pain.  I know that I can learn and hopefully grow from the difficulties in my life.  I know all this because I already have survived and am continuously learning and growing.  Sure I have set backs, just ask my family.  But I like to think that I learn from those too.

In spite of losing one of my precious children I continued to breathe.  The seasons continue to change and time still ticks away.  Happily our family continues to grow.  We are about to officially welcome a new member into the family this week.  We love this little girl, a niece, and I know the feelings would have been mutual between her and Madison.  It’s the “circle of life” is it not?  One goes and eventually another arrives.

I will go about my day with my children in my heart and on my mind; Madison because I miss her terribly, Derric and Dallas and Noelle too, because I wish they didn’t have to feel this pain so young.



No comments:

Post a Comment