"Treasure"

"Treasure"
Madison called Danny her "Treasure"

Monday, April 19, 2010

Tiny Things



From the time Madison was a baby she had a fascination with tiny objects. The first time we let her choose a toy from a toy store she was about 3 yrs old and picked up a little plastic pride rock from the movie, “Lion King.” I’ll never forget how adamant she was, that’s the only thing she wanted. It was all of $2.99 on sale, which made me happy. Pride rock is about 3 inches tall and opens up, inside were 3 tiny figurines about 1 inch tall of Mufasa, Simba & Nala. Madison played with this toy sometimes for hours in a day, and she had it for years. She would carry it with her where ever she went. She would take out the little characters & talk to them & make them have conversations. When she ate they ate, when she slept so would they. We may still have it in a box in the garage. I plan on consolidating all the stuffed animals & toys; yes I said toys, she couldn’t part with them when we moved to TN. I couldn’t possibly part with them now.
I can’t part with any of her favorite things, even if I wanted her to get rid of some stuff before the move. It’s been hard enough to cope with parting from her. Most everything in her room is just how she had it the day she left. She liked to rotate her stuffed animals. She has so many that they don’t all have a place to sit when out. We had just rotated them 2 days before. There is a box in her closet filled with her favorite stuffed animals. She has 3 of her very favorites with her, an owl, a kitty and a dog. God how I miss my sweet girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment