"Treasure"

"Treasure"
Madison called Danny her "Treasure"

Friday, October 1, 2010

Madison & Dallas









The relationship between my 2 daughters Madison and Dallas was like most sisters close in age…hot and cold. There were times when they were the best of friends and completely enjoyed each other’s company. Like the time they zipped their jackets together while we were at the French Quarter Festival because they were bored listening to Dixieland Jazz. They were there for each other when one got hurt. I’ll never forget when a little girl was mean to Dallas at school Madison was very angry. She said, “no one can pick on my little sister but me!” One time Madison fell and cut her knee while they were coming home from a friend’s house. Dallas helped Madison to our neighbor’s house that they were near to get help.
Then there were times when they would literally be at each other’s throats. I can remember hearing Madison scream, “I’m gonna strangle you!” Madison had very long arms and her slender hands were stronger that you would think. I had to physically get between them to stop the fight. Dallas did her share of antagonizing, actually quite a bit of it, but I can laugh about it now.
I know it wasn’t easy for Dallas watching her get a lot of attention because Madison was often sick. She would have given anything not to be sick and needing that kind of attention. I know they truly loved each other though; they were often very caring and loving to one another when they didn’t think anyone was watching. Dallas misses her sister very much, we all do. I would give anything to hear them fighting, or laughing together again.
The house is so quiet now. It’s been quite an adjustment for all of us. I know it’s hard for Dallas not having her sister here to talk to and hang out with. She probably even misses the fights too. I know from experience that the fights would have stopped and the friendship last forever. I don’t know what I would have done this past year without the love and support from my sisters. Thank you, Jennifer, Vickie and Cynthia for letting me talk, vent and cry on your shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment